Chemicals and Nutrients for Your Brain
People who suffer from anxiety disorder are normally prescribed drugs to counteract their anxiety. However, oftentimes, anti-anxiety medicines only deal with the symptoms and not the root causes. In many cases, people who have been prescribed anti-anxiety drugs have a strong dislike for them. This is mainly because of their side effects, and the notion that they don’t really cure the disease.
It is helpful for everybody, whether or not you suffer from anxiety and stress, to know that there are alternatives to drugs. Here are some foods and drinks that can help you fight anxiety.
1) If you are feeling too stressed, try drinking some Chamomile tea. Chamomile tea can calm and relax your mind, and soothe your thoughts. Chamomile tea can help you rest during those nights when you have trouble sleeping. It has natural sedative properties that can bring your stressed mind and tense body to a relaxed state.
2) There is a natural substance in turkey that causes you to relax after eating, it’s called tryptophan. Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin which is related to the cure of many anxiety disorders. When consumed in meat form, it has been discovered that tryptophan helps reduce anxiety.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. It can help you prevent anxiety-induced heart attack by keeping your heart rate steady.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. Leafy greens are a good source of magnesium, an element that plays a crucial role in balancing your brain-adrenal axis.
5) Eating dark chocolate helps you keep calm. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Among its health benefits turmeric can help in digestion, healing, and reducing joint inflammations.
7) Folic acid is a substance that helps in managing anxiety. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. What often causes anxiety and stress is a lowering of folic acid in the body.
8) Organ meats such as liver are also rich in vitamin B. Your body needs vitamin B to synthesize serotonin.
9) Eat more oysters to increase your intake of zinc, a chemical necessary for your brain to function normally. Deficiency in zinc causes anxiety.
10) Your gut needs to be healthy for your brain to be healthy. Kefir is a good source of probiotics that keep your gut in good shape.